ATTENTION!!- All parents of players
age 5-6 years old!!!
Due to recent changes from the OMHA the
names and age groups of some of our programs are slightly changing.
The program for players born before Dec.31
2011 aged 5-6 years old
is now called the Initiation
to Hockey Program (IP).
This is replacing what used to be called Tyke Development. If your child is in this age group there is absolutely no moving up into the Novice program. This is straight from the OMHA and aligns with our board policies.
This program will look something like this…
- Starts late September and runs to end of March
- Roughly 2 ice times per week.
- Focus will be on skill development.
- All games will be cross ice.
- There will be NO games or tournaments until Dec. 1.
- Parent helpers will be allowed on ice.
- This is a hockey skills program not a learn to skate program.(skating is covered but no pushers allowed)
If your child is 4 years old look for info regarding our Mite program which will still is running for any 4 year old children or 5 year old children who need extra development at this level.
We are still working on scheduling and programming with our coaches who have applied for this level. There is still room for new coaching applicants so please apply if you are interested.
For any other information, which there is not much that is not in this email, please contact Pete Clubb.