It's that time of year again!
We have posted our first week's schedule.
(see the calendar on the main page to determine your key dates and times)
- Please see the following notes regarding time slots / tryouts / and evaluations:
- ALL TIMES ARE CURRENTLY TENTATIVE
(times are subject to change over the next week so please continue to check the calendar as we approach tryout dates).
- IF you are signed up for a tryout please see the calendar dates for the "Rep" team slots (i.e. "PeeWee Rep Intrasquad - Tryout 1" for example if you are trying out for PeeWee). Everyone trying out MUST attend all Assigned Tryouts.
- IF you are not
signed up for a tryout but have decided to try out you must first make payment arrangements with the Registrar prior to the first tryout
or you will not be able to try out
- IF you are not
trying out for a Competitive Team please attend the "All Skates" listed under the age appropriate team Blue (i.e. PeeWee Blue time slots for Local League PeeWee age players).
- All players
are encouraged to attend the Welcome Back BBQ night "All Skates"(Friday Sept 6th) - those trying out and those signed up for Local League. Please plan to attend and enjoy the BBQ after practice!
- Local League Evaluation Skates begin AFTER the competitive team selections (A / AE) are made
- Weekend (Sept 7-8th) "All Skates" are open to all players by category but are not mandatory for those trying out for competitive teams
COMPETITIVE TEAM SELECTION PROCESS
(more detail about the evaluation and selection process will posted to the MBDAA Documents section of the website prior to the tryout period)
- Competitive Team player selections begin after the third intrasquad. A Competitive Team Coach may elect to choose a Final or an Interim Roster after the third intrasquad. Competitive Team Coaches can elect to play one exhibition game prior to determining a FINAL Roster. In such a case an "Interim Roster" will be posted to the Cougars website listing those players invited to the Exhibition Game, and those still under consideration. Those not listed on the interim roster will be considered "released" from "A" team tryouts. After the exhibition game a Final Roster will be posted by the "A" Team Coach. Players released from "A" team tryouts will continue in the "AE" tryout process (except in the case of Novice). Where large player numbers merit it, an additional "AE Intrasquad" may be scheduled for those still in the AE tryout process. If there are not sufficient numbers to merit a separate "AE Intrasquad" the AE Coach may choose his roster and it will be posted as a FINAL AE Roster. Those not selected for the Final AE roster will be considered "released" from AE tryouts and will join the Local League All Skates for Local League Team selection.